Thursday, August 03, 2006

blog #10 Prompt

I am doing prompt 1b. Here are my claims so far. Please leave me some helpful feedback. Thanks.

Claims:
1) Having an imagination and a soul is abnormal.

2) Zamyatin wrote the element of the story about D-503 experience with the illness, to show how imperfect a utopian society could be in contrast to our own society.

3) Nothing is totally perfect. However, the closest possibility of being perfect would take sacrifices.

4) The existence of a soul can be seen as good or bad, depending on your surroundings, values, and beliefs.

5) Using Burke’s method of dramatism, having an imagination and a soul may be a terrible discovery for D-503, but in our society we may perceive it differently.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peterpeterhaha said...

Hello, seems good so far and I don't really know what to comment about but here are my thoughts:

1. I see where this is going, kinda leads into the other claims. Might want to clarify why they are considered abnormal.

2. Do you think Zamyatin was trying to send some kind of message?

4. I like this. Sorry for the unhelpful feedback but I guess the only thing I could say is that this is gonna be hard to provide evidence for? I dunno... =P

5. Yay for pentads, they are so fun. Not really but you might want to connect this to why Zamyatin wrote about this.

9:26 AM  
Blogger phantomdance said...

Everything sounds really good so far, and I can tell that you are definitly trying to debate something. I guess I'll do the whole comment by each claim thing to.

1. This is good, might want to elaborate a little more, why do you think that Zamyatin is trying to show that its abnormal?
2. This is a very strong point, maybe try broadening the contrasts more?
3. Try to elaborate more on what you mean by sacrifices.
4. I like this one alot so far, yuo can really make this one of your strongest points!
5. The pentad use is good, maybe try to tie it in more with the story.

Overall, very good! :)

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home